, Dr. Professor, Director of the Research Institute of Finance, Economics and Management named by Oleg Balatskiy, Sumy State University, Head of ARMG Publishing, Ukraine
, Ph.D., Asistant of Economic Cybernetics Department, Sumy State University, Ukraine
Involving Ukraine in the globalization of the world economic and financial system makes the transfer of most of the positive and negative effects of the external world in Ukrainian conditions that will have consequences for the development of the domestic financial sector. It is important to note that the presence of foreign capital affects the stability of the banking system and the efficiency of its operations.
The process of entry of foreign banks on the domestic market of banking services is controversial. It is associated with the activation of financial conglomerates types of “bancassurance” and “allfinanz”, aimed at expanding its own branch network that stay in a constant search of new markets. In addition, the powerful financial conglomerates have their own competitive advantages and significant financial resources.
Keywords: globalization, financial conglomerates, bancassurance, allfinanz, instability.
JEL Classification: C100, C440.
Cite as: Vasilyeva, T., Kozyriev, V. (2017). Scientific and methodical approaches to determining the center-orientation of financial conglomerates with the factor and cluster analysis. Business Ethics and Leadership, 1(1), 5-15. Doi: 10.21272/bel.2017.1-01
- Aig / American International Group, Inc. / Corporate Information Retrieved from: www.aigcorporate.com
- Allianz Insurance, Asset Management and Banking worldwide: Retrieved from: http://www.allianz.com
- Assessing the Sustainable Competitiveness of Nations (2012). The global Competitiveness Report 2012-2013. World Economic Forum, Geneva, 2012, 545 p. Retrieved from: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/ WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2012-13.pdf
- Banque BNP Paribas / La banque d`un monde qui change: Retrieved from: http://www.bnpparibas.com
- European Parliament and Council Directive 2002/87/EC of 16 December 2002 on the supplementary supervision of credit institutions, insurance undertakings and investment firms in a financial conglomerate and amending Council Directives 73/239/EEC, 79/267/EEC, 92/49/EEC, 92/96/EEC, 93/6/EEC, 93/22/EEC , 98/78/EC and 2000/12/EC Retrived from: http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l24038c.htm
- Kozyriev V., Kozmenko S. (2015). The research and development of financial conglomerates based on the estimate of integration of components of financial market. Insurance Markets and Companies: Analyses and Actuarial Computations. International Research Journal. 6 (3), 34-44.
- Johnson J., Madura J. (2000). Valuing the potential transformation of banks into financial conglomerates: evidence from a Citigroup merger. The Financial Review. 35, 17-36.
- Global Risks 2013. Eighth Edition An initiative of the Risk Response Network. [Електронний ресурс] / World Economic Forum. Retrieved from: http://riskreport.weforum.org/
- Minsky H. The Financial Instability Hypothesis (1992). Retrieved from: http://www.levyinstitute.org/pubs/wp74.pdf.
- Violaris Y. Bancassurance in practice (2001). Retrieved from: http://www.marclife.com/research/pdf/banc.pdf.
- Insurance Sector: a sector with possibilities (2009). Retrieved from: www.madridfinancialcentre.org/…/ficha-xi-seguros-ingles-final-julio-09.doc.