The attractiveness and transparency of higher education depends on complex of factors, which are based on quality assurance. The implementation of these procedures is based on national system of qualifications. The aim of the article is to provide the brief overview of changes in the higher education of Ukraine, especially progress in the implementation of the National Qualification Framework. The analysis of the higher education in Ukraine in dynamics according to indicators characterizing its attractiveness, show the deterioration of the situation. The article presents the analysis of the Plan of implementation of the National Qualification Framework for 2016-2020 in terms of recommendations given since the adoption of the National Qualification Framework by Ukrainian and European specialists in terms of European experience: implementation of the European Qualification Framework for lifelong learning.
Keywords: National Qualification Framework, higher education, learning outcomes, Ukraine, Higher education standards.
JEL Classification: A2, I2, I23.
Cite as: Skliar I., (2018). Towards the assurance of transparency and quality of higher education in Ukraine: National Qualification Framework. Business Ethics and Leadership, 2(1), 96-105. Doi: 10.21272/bel.2(1).96-105.2018
- Action Plan for implementation of the National Qualification Framework in 2016-2020. Approved by the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 14, 2016 № 1077. Available at рhttp://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1077-2016-%D1%80/conv/print1478789915348654.
- EUROPE 2020. A European strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/eu2020/pdf/COMPLET%20EN%20BARROSO%20%20%20007%20-%20 Europe%202020%20-%20EN%20version.pdf.
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the European Qualifications Framework Recommendation Final report 17 October 2013. Available at https://ec.europa.eu/ploteus/sites/eac-eqf/files/DG%20EAC%20-%20Evaluation%20EQF%20-%20Final%20Report%20-%20Final%20Version.pdf.
- Hanf, Georg (2013). “Implementation of the National Qualification Framework: Current state and future perspectives – document with the description of possible variants” Project Twinning, Ukraine, UA11/ENP-PCA/SO33 “Modernization of legislative standards and principles of education and learning according to the EU policy as to lifelong learning – Project of November 30, 2013. Available at http://ipq.org.ua/upload/files/files/03_Novyny/2015.03.18_Twinning_final conference /NQF%20Implementation%20-%20State%20of%20the%20art%20and%20outlook.% 20Optional %20paper_UKR.pdf.
- International students in Ukraine. Available at http://studyinukraine.gov.ua/life-in-ukraine/international-students-in-ukraine/.
- Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” (2014) (English). Available at http://erasmusplus.org.ua/vyshcha-osvita-v-ukraini.html.
- National Qualification Framework. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of November 23, 2011 № 1341. Available at http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1341-2011-%D0%BF.
- Net flow of internationally mobile students. Available at http://uis.unesco.org/indicator/edu-mobility-
- Over 65,000 foreign students in Poland. Available at http://www.studyinpoland.pl/en/index.php/news/71-over-65-000-foreign-students-in-poland.
- Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2008 on the establishment of the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning. Official Journal of the European Union. 6.5.2008. Available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX: 32008H0506(01)&from=EN.
- Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) Approved by the Ministerial Conference in Yerevan, 14-15 May 2015. Available at http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/sites/default/files/standards-and-guidelines_for_qa_in_the_ehea 2015.pdf.