, H.E. Hon. Sir. Dr., Leader-President/CEO, Lt. General (OSP), FAAVM, NCPC, OSP; Ontario, Canada
Globalisation and the advancement of Information Communication Technology (ICT) have changed the world that we live in. Because of this phenomenon, this has forced governments around the world to change in becoming more active in the deployment of digital services to its citizens and businesses. The success of fully implementing e-government requires a careful adoption and full understanding of the technology that is being applied. Adding that, it is about transforming the whole government into a complete entity where citizens and businesses seamlessly interact with government services on line. However, despite the wide use of ICT, research on e-government suggests that it has not yet reached its full potential of integration.
Keywords: e-government, leadership, organizational transformation, cyber security.
JEL Classification: H1, L86, G38.
Cite as: Louis, R. (2017). What Leaders Should Know about E-government. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(3), 73-78. DOI: 10.21272sec.l.1(3).73-78.2017
- Darrell M. West (2008). Improving Technology Utilization in Electronic Government around the World. Available at https://www.brookings.edu/research/improving-technology-utilization-in-electronic-government-around-the-world-2008/.
- Edward R. Griffor, Christopher Greer, David A. Wollman, Martin J. Burns (2017). Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems: Volume 2. Working Group Reports. Available at https://www.nist.gov/publications/framework-cyber-physical-systems-volume-2-working-group-reports.
- Jean Hartley and Maria Allison (2000). The Role of Leadership in the Modernization and Improvement of Public Services. Public Money and Management, 20(2), 35-40. DOI: 10.1111/1467-9302.00209.
- Jim Norris, Pradyumna Siddhartha, Bret Taylor, Jake Whitehill (2001). Xinru WooThe Impact of the Internet on Developing Countries. Available at http://cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/cs201/projects/third-world/index.html.
- Rajendra Kumar & Michael L. Best (2007). Impact and Sustainability of E-Government Services in Developing Countries: Lessons Learned from Tamil Nadu, India. The Information Society, 22(1), 1-12. Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01972240500388149.
- Tan Wee Kwang (2016). E-government global trends: Integrated services, open data, e-participation and digital technologies Enterprise innovation. Available at http://www.enterpriseinnovation.net/article/e-government-global-trends-integrated-services-open-data-e-participation-and-digital.
- The United Nations E-Government Survey 2016 (July 2016). Available at https://publicadministration.un.org/egovkb/en-us/Reports/UN-E-Government-Survey-2016.
- Tim Maurer, Michael Chertoff (2017). Economic Cybersecurity .The Carnegie Podcast. Available at http://carnegieendowment.org/2017/07/14/michael-chertoff-and-tim-maurer-on-economic-cyber-security-
- What is Cyber Security? Available at https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/cyberpedia/what-is-cyber-security.