, Additional General Manager (Retd.), Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. (GSFC), Vadodara, Gujarat, India
This write up is further to and in continuation of previous article “An inquiry on social issues, Part 1”. We are aware that we all face various types of social issues like corruption, terrorism, drug addiction, child la-bour, prostitution and human trafficking etc. Till date we fight against them but we could not surmount them. On the contrarily, some of them have given such impact on us as if they are impossible to curb. We have already discussed that following seven reasons are responsible for the subject social issues. For the sake of simplicity, I reproduce all the seven reasons here bellow to make it easy for the readers of this Part 2.
1. Presence of surplus population.
2. Sentiments of parents.
3. Ardent desire to satisfy ambitious wants and possibility of its realization.
4. Social system and human weaknesses.
5. Difference between two socio economic formations.
6. Rights and freedom without competency.
7. Some biological characteristics of human being and weaknesses in social system.
Keywords: social issue, preconditions, surplus population, socio-economic formation.
JEL Classification: A13, A14, B21, F43, F50, I24, O12, P16, P26, P48, Z13.
Cite as: Dave, H. (2017). An Inquiry on Social Issues – Part 2. Business Ethics and Leadership, 1(3), 45-63. DOI: 10.21272/bel.1(3).45-63.2017
- Bark Oscar, Theodore, Jr. and Blake, Nelson Manfred (1952). Since 1900 a history of the United States in our Times, Third Edition. New York.
- Benjamin, P. Thomas (1952). Biography of Abraham Lincoln. Southern Illinois Iniversity Press, USA.
- Churchill, Winston S. (1964). The Second World War II. Pegasaurus Books Ltd., Arundel, United Kingdom.
- Durckheim, Karlfried (1988). Hara the Vital Centre of Man.
- Foucault, Michel (1975). Discipline and Punish.
- Fromm, Erich (1961). Marx’s Historical Materialism. Available at https://www.marxists.org/archive/fromm/works/1961/man/ch02.htm.
- Kennedy Hickman (Updated March 16, 2016). World War II: Marshal Georgy Zhukov. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/g00/world-war-ii-marshal-georgy-zhukov-2360175?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.ua%2F.
- Keynes, John Maynard (1936). The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Marco, Polo, Hugh, Murray (1845). Travels of Marco Polo. Oliver & Boyd, Edinburg, UK.
- Menger, Carl (2007). Principles of Economics. Ludwig von Mises Institute, Auburn, USA.
- Smith, Adam (1776). Of the Origin and Use of Money. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations.
- Weber, Max (1922). Economy and Society.
- Weber, Thomas (2007). Our Friend “The Enemy”: Elite Education in Britain and Germany before World War I. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 360 pp.