MSc, Department engineer, Georgikon Faculty, Pannon University, Keszthely, Hungary
An integral component of successful entrepreneurial activity is the establishment of strong relations with partners, the form and type of which varies depending on the sphere of activity and its scope. Considering that a prerequisite for a business partnership is constant communication, the style, and quality of which mainly determines the success of doing business, the development of business communication skills becomes an object of continuous research by both scientists and enterprise managers. The main goal of this study was to examine the role and the importance of business partnerships in Google Trends. Another goal of the study was to look at how often the term business partnership appears in Google books, with the help of Google Books Ngram Viewer, as well as in a database of Science Direct, with the help of Science Direct’s search function. The top year of the interest frequency of business partnership was 2004 in the Google Trends worldwide in business and industry categories. The bottom year of interest frequency was 2006. The geographic analysis revealed that most people searched in Botswana, in Jamaica, in Zimbabwe, in Ghana, and Uganda for the term business partnership. Interestingly, these countries are all located on the African continent, except Jamaica. Most people searched in Accra, in Nairobi, in Manila, in Quezon City, and Cebu for the term business partnership. The results of the bibliometric analysis of the relationship of business partnerships with other categories made it possible to conclude that people (mostly from the Philippines, Ethiopia, the USA, Canada, and Kenya) inquired about the joint venture and limited partnership. The conducted study revealed that from 1950 to 1970, the frequency of appearance of business partnership in the Google Books` database has been decreasing continuously. From 1972 the frequency has been growing gradually, then from 2006, the frequency has been decreasing gradually. The use of the term “business partnership” shows in the Science Direct a second-degree polynomial growing trend. Summarizing all these results, we can conclude that while people in developing countries in Africa and Jamaica were most sought for expressing business partnerships, people in developed countries were more interested in types of business partnerships.
Keywords: Business partnership, Google Trends, Google Books Ngram Viewer, Science Direct, Time Series Analysis.
JEL Classification: C22, C88, P13.
Cite as: Kiss, L.B. (2020). The Importance of Business Partnership on the World Wide Web. Business Ethics and Leadership, 4(1), 68-79. http://doi.org/10.21272/bel.4(1).68-79.2020.
- Asfaw, S. (2010). The Exploration of the Legal Framework and the Practice Relating to “Joint Ventures” in Ethiopia: a Comparative Approach. Law & Practice of Ethiopian “Joint Ventures”: Comparative Study. Addis Ababa University, School of Law, Graduate School. Available at: https://chilot.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/the-exploration-of-the-legal-framework-and-the-practice-relating-to-e2809cjoint-venturese2809d-in.pdf
- Bagdonas, V. (2000). Verslo kontraktų sudarymas, įvertinimas ir kreditavimas. Vilnius: AB „Standartų spaustuvė“ [Business contracting, valuation and crediting. Vilnius: AB “Standard printing house”]. Available at: http://bazekon.icm.edu.pl/bazekon/element/bwmeta1.element.ekon-element-000171356253.
- Barlow, J., Jashapara, A. (1998). Organizational Learning & Inter-Firm Partnering in the UK Construction Industry. The Learning Organization, 5(2), 86-98. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235255446_Organisational_Learning_and_Inter-Firm_Partnering_in_the_UK_Construction_Industry.
- Charles, C. (2007). Business Ethics in Jamaica and the Problem of Extortion by Counter Societies. Ethical Perspectives for Caribbean Business. Eds. Cowell, N. E., Campbell, A., Chen, G. & Moore, S., Arawak Publications, 2007. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2372120 Accessed 11 August 2019.
- Draft, R.L. (2000). Management. Philadelphia: Drysden Press. Available at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/5967170?q&versionId=211018308.
- Dugger, A. (2013). What Is a Limited Partnership? – Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages. Chapter 22/Lesson 6. Available at: https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-a-limited-partnership-definition-advantages-disadvantages.html#transcriptHeader Accessed 22 January 2020.
- FinacePal by CommunityTax (2019). Types of Business Partnerships: Breaking Down the Options. Available at: https://www.financepal.com/types-of-business-partnerships/ Accessed 30 January 2020.
- Harnesk, R. (2004). Partnership with internal customers – a way to achieve increased commitment. The TQM Magazine, 16(1), 26-32. https://doi.org/10.1108/09544780410511452.
- Kiss, L.B. (2019). Examination of the Role of Business Ethics with Google Trends. Business Ethics and Leadership, 3(3), 25-38. http://doi.org/10.21272/bel.3(3).25-38.2019.
- Korchak, J. (2017). Advantages and Disadvantages of a Partnership Business. Available at: https://www.informdirect.co.uk/business-management/partnership-business-advantages-and-disadvantages/ Accessed 16 January 2020.
- Martinuzzi, B. (2017). What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Partnership? Available at: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/business/trends-and-insights/articles/what-are-the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-a-partnership/ Accessed 20 January 2020.
- Milanzi, M.C. (1997). Business Ethics in Eastern and Southern Africa. Journal of Business Ethics, 16(14), 1549-1553. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1005811014294.
- Nakrošis, V. (2007). Partnerystės modeliai ES valstybės narėse [The models of partnership in members of ES]. Available at: http://www.nrda.lt/Partnership.pdf Accessed 21 January 2020.
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (1994). Revised Uniform Partnership Act. § 101. Available at: https://users.wfu.edu/palmitar/ICBCorporations-Companion/Conexus/UniformActs/RUPA1997.pdf Accessed 21 January 2020.
- Parliament of India (1932). The Indian Partnership Act. 1932 Section 4 of the Indian Partnership Act. Available at: https://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/actsbills/pdf/Partnership_Act_1932.pdf Accessed 21 January 2020.
- Parliament of India (2008). The Limited Liability Partnership Act. No. 6 of 2009. Available at: http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/actsbills/pdf/LLP_Act_2008_15jan2009.pdf Accessed 22 January 2020.
- Profit Blog (2019). The Importance of Partnership in Business. Available at: https://www.profit.co/blog/the-alphabet-p/partnership/the-importance-of-partnership-in-business/ Accessed 20 January 2020.
- The Commissioner of Law Revision, Malaysia (1961). Laws of Malaysia Act 135 Partnership Act. Sec 3(1) of the Partnership Act. Available at: http://www.commonlii.org/my/legis/consol_act/pa19611974229/ Accessed 21 January 2020.
- WordStream (2017). Google Trends: What Is Google Trends? Available at: https://www.wordstream.com/google-trends Accessed 10 August 2019.