,PhD, Docent, Economic Cybernetics Department, Sumy State University, Ukraine
, PhD, Assistant of the Department of Accounting and Taxation, Sumy State University, Ukraine
The article defines the role of the tax system, which it plays to gain competitive advantages of the country in social and economic spheres. The system of relevant taxes, characterizing the level of competition of the national tax system, is identified. Methodological basis for determining tax countries competing with Ukraine based on the cluster analysis is improved. By implementing the algorithm for establishment the European countries – tax competitors of Ukraine, firstly, potential tax competitors of Ukraine were identi-fied, secondly, real tax competitors of Ukraine in a cluster with a similar structure of the tax system in terms of socio-economic development were set.
Keywords: tax competition, cluster analysis, socio-economic development, capital, labor power.
JEL Classification: C38, H20.
Cite as: Boiko, A., Samusevych, I. (2017). The role of tax competition between the countries of the world and the features of determining the main tax competitors of Ukraine among the European countries. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 1(1), 72-79. http://doi.org/10.21272/fmir.1(1).72-79.2017.
- Blöchliger, H., Pinero-Campos, J. (2011). Tax Competition Between Sub-Central Governments. OECD Network on Fiscal Relations across Levels of Government Working Paper, 13, 45 р.
- Collecting Taxes [Electronic source]. USAID Database. Retrieved from https://egateg.usaid.gov/collecting-taxes/.
- Delgado, F.J. (2013). Are Taxes Converging in Europe? Trends and Some Insights into the Effects of Economic Crisis. Journal of Global Economics, 1(1), 24-26
- Fernandez, G. (2002). Strategic Tax Competition with a Mobile Population. Retrieved from http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/semi/semi050402.pdf.
- Gordon, R., Wilson, G. (2002). Expenditure Competition. Retrieved from http://www.econ.ucsd.edu/~rogordon/zoning6.pdf.
- Kemp, M. (1961). Foreign Investment and National Advantage. The Economic Record, 28, 56-62.
- MacDougall, G. (1960). The benefits and Costs of Private Investments from Abroad: A Theoretical Approach. Economic Record, 36, 13-35.
- Richman, P. (1963). Taxation of Foreign Investment Income. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 140 9. The World Bank: official web-page [Electronic resource]. Retrieved from http://data.worldbank.org/indicator.
- Tiebout, C. (1956). A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures. Journal of Political Economy, 64(5), 416-424.
- Wildasin, D. (2011). Fiscal Competition for Imperfectly-Mobile Labor and Capital: A Comparative Dynamic Analysis. Journal of Public Economics, 95(11-12), 1312-1321.
- Zodrow, G., Mieszkowski, P. (1986). Pigou, Tiebout, property taxation and the underprovision of local public goods. Journal of Urban Economics, 19, 356-370.