, Master of Economics, Lecturer at Faculty of Biotechnology in Zagreb; Faculty of Economics and Tourism, University of J. Dobrila in Pula, Croatia
This paper provides a decision-making debate that supports the digital system as well as some issues related to digital finance, the future of financial decision-making is linked to artificial intelligence and the need for new knowledge by understanding the financial complexity of how our brain processes financial decision-making and neural networks with an integrative framework that brings neuroplasticity outcomes from neuroscience perspective.
In pursuit of the goal, we use scientific literature that links financial decision-making through scientific disciplines and technology, thus contributing to linking science disciplines and pointing to the need for continuous education through interdisciplinarity.
Financial decision making is a complex system, which implies a logical choice of available options with considering to alternatives that combine new technologies, including financial information processing (brain), manifesting itself as a network where traditional approaches to financial decision-making are eliminated (making changes difficult with challenges coming from all directions).
Keywords: digital financial decision making, neuroplasticity, neurofinance, neural networks.
JEL Classification: D87.
Cite as: Ana Njegovanović. Digital Financial Decision With A View Of Neuroplasticity / Neurofinancy / Neural Networks. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 2(4), 82-91. DOI: http://doi.org/10.21272/fmir.2(4).82-91.2018
- Alexander G. E., Crutcher M. D. (1990). Functional architecture of basal ganglia cicuits: neural substrates of parallel processing. Trends Neurosci. 13, 266–271. 10.1016/0166-2236(90)90107-L
- Alexander G. E., DeLong M. R., Strick P. L. (1986). Parallel organization of functionally segregated circuits linking basal ganglia and cortex. Ann. Rev. Neurosci. 9, 357–381. 10.1146/annurev.ne.09.030186.002041
- Brybijolfosson E. and McAfee A., 2014. The Second Machine Age. New York: W.W. Norton and Company
- Chakraborty, P. S., Majumder, G., & Sarkar, B. (2006). Constraint resource management and production related decision – A case study. Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), Part PR: Production Engineering Division, 86(MAR.), 48-53.
- Daw N. D., Doya K. (2006). The computational neurobiology of learning and reward. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 16, 199–204. 10.1016/j.conb.2006.03.006
- Doya K. (2007). Reinforcement learning: computational theory and biological mechanisms. HFSP J.1, 30–40. 10.2976/1.2732246/10.2976/1
- Elliott R., Dolan R. J., ,and Frith C. D. (2000). Dissociable functions in the medial and lateral orbitofrontal cortex: evidence from human neuroimaging studies. Cerebral cortex, 10, 308–317. 10.1093/cercor/10.3.308
- Gadde L. E. & L. G. Mattsson (1987) : « Stability and Change in Network Relationship »; International Journal of Research in Marketing; Vol.4; pp.29-41.
- Granovetter, Mark. 1985. Economic Action and Social Structure: The Problem of Embeddedness: American Journal of Sociology 91 : 481-510.
- Hans Kjellberg et al., Market futures / future markets: Research directions int he study of market. 2012. Marketing Theory 12 (2): 219-223.
- Himanshu rathore, An inventory Model for Deteriorating Item with Reliability Consideration and Trade Credit 2014. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research 10 ( 3 ).
- Kahneman D. and Tversky A., 1974. Judgment Under Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases. Science, New Series, Vol. 184.
- Lanciego J. L., Luquin N., Obeso J. A. (2012). Functional neuroanatomy of the basal ganglia. Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Med. 2:a009621. 10.1101/cshperspect.a009621.
- Law, John and Urry, John ( 2004 ) Enacting the social. Economy and Society, 33(3) pp. 390–410.
- Lubliner, 2013. Issues in Structural and Materials Engineering, Q Ashton Acton, PhD General Editor
- Mink J. W. (1996). The basal ganglia: focused selection and inhibition of competing motor programs. Prog. Neurobiol. 50, 381–425. 10.1016/S0301-0082(96)00042-1
- Mink J. W., Thach W. T. (1993). Basal ganglia intrinsic circuits and their role in behavior. Front. Neurosci. 3, 950–957. 10.1016/0959-4388(93)90167-W.
- Neumann von, J. & Morgenstern O., 1944. Theory of Games and Economic Behaviour. Princeton: University Press
- O’Doherty J., Kringelbach M. L., Rolls E. T., Hornak J., Andrews C. (2001). Abstract reward and punishment representations in the human orbitofrontal cortex. Nat. Neurosci. 4, 95–102. 10.1038/82959
- Percheron G., Filion M. (1991). Parallel processing in the basal ganglia: up to a point. Trends Neurosci. 14, 55–56. 10.1016/0166-2236(91)90020-U
- Rich Charron et al.,“ Optimum Junction Hybrid push/pull production systems“ International Journal of Production Research. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Managment, 28(1), 18-43, 1997.
- Rocha, A. F., Vieito, J. P. and Rocha Ff. T. ( 2013 b) Neurofinance: How Do We Make Financial Decisions. SSRN Electronic Journal 10-11.
- Silkis I. (2000). The cortico-basal ganglia-thalamocortical circuit with synaptic plasticity. i. modification rules for excitatory and inhibitory synapses in the striatum. Biosystems 57, 187–196. 10.1016/S0303-2647(00)00134-9
- Spillman, Lyn. 1999. “Enriching Exchange: Cultural Dimensions of Markets.” American Journal of Economics and Sociology 58: 1047-71.
- Tremblay L., Schultz W. (1999). Relative reward preference in primate orbitofrontal cortex. Nature398, 704–708. 10.1038/19525.
- Utter A. A., Basso M. A. (2008). The basal ganglia: an overview of circuits and function. Neurosci. Biobehav. Rev. 32, 333–342. 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2006.11.003
- Zelinski P., 02/2016. Where 4.0. Might Go . (Online ) http://www. mmsoline.com. ( Accessed 10.04.2016).
- Zhao F., Zeng Y., Wang G., Bai J., Xu B. (2017). A brain-inspired decision making model based on top-down biasing of prefrontal cortex to basal ganglia and its application in autonomous uav explorations. Cogn. Comput. 6, 1–11. 10.1007/s12559-017-9511-3
- http://www.digitaljournal.com/business/q-a-how-digital-technology-is-disrupting-finance/article/531752#ixzz5ZIGcjxQC .