Additional General Manager (Retd.), Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. (GSFC), Vadodara, Gujarat, India
With regret to say that politicians and thinkers of economic subject use the word “economic growth” in their talks, writings and discussions as if it is the way to achieve peaceful and happy life. When I read the phrase (“economic growth”) in views/debates and articles, I personally feel on its use as if we fool the innocent and inexperienced young generation and mislead them. To whom we say “economic growth” is a helpless inevitable and selfishly selected remedial actions under situational compulsion by men to postpone the present challenges, to escape from perilous liabilities, to avoid facing hard path and just to secure, continue and enjoy with present comfort at any cost. The actions for “economic growth” suppress the present social issues of challenges and store them to come out in future at any appropriate time and opportunity, rather in more complex and ugly form. I think; we should clearly appraise the emerging youth of our society that every action of “economic growth” not only brings harm to the ecological balance, but the incessant population growth and lust of few people to enjoy wealthy life contaminates the process of natural social evolution. Its consequences reflect in deformed social constitution decorating “economic growth” with illusive mask of “a gate way to heavenly life”.
Keywords: economic growth.
JEL Classification: A13, A14, B21, F43, F50, I24, O12, P16, P26, P48, Z13.
Cite as: Dave, H. (2019). The X-ray report of “Economic growth”. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 3(4), 89-93. http://doi.org/10.21272/fmir.3(4).89-93.2019.
- Smith, A. (2015). Wealth of Nation, Chapter IV. The Origin and Use of Money, Chapter V, the Real and Nominal Price of Commodities, or Their Price in labour, and Their Price in Money, 31-44.
- Sheptun, A. (2018). Philosophy of Money. Retrieved from: https://www.bu.edu/wcp/Papers/Econ/Econ-Shep.htm
- Menger, C. (2007). Principles of Economics. Ludwig von Mises Institute, Auburn, Alabama, Forwarded by Peter G. Klein. Reprinted. Chapter-VIII Theory of Money, 257-280.
- David Ricardo. The Works and Correspondence of David Recardo. Edited by Piero Sraffa with collaboration of M H Dobb, Volume I. On the Principle of Political Economy and Taxation, Chapter XXVII. On Currency and Bank, 352-372.
- Goettmann, A. (1998). Dialogue on the Path of Initiation. Translated by Theodore And Rebecca Nottingham, Electronically Published By Nottingham Publishing. Translated from the original French.
- Henry, G. (2015). The science of Political Economy abridged by Lindy Davies. Part-V Money: the Medium of Exchange and Measure of Value. Retrieved from: http://www.politicaleconomy. org/speV_1.htm
- Kenneth E. (2004). Boulding, General systems theory. The skeleton of science. E:CO Special Double, 6(1-2), 127-139.
- Man Karlfried Durkheim. (1988). Hara the Vital Centre of Man, 1-109. Retrieved from: https://terebess. hu/zen/ mesterek/Hara.pdf
- Marx, C. (1959). Economic & Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844, Progress Publishers, Moscow.
- Menger, С. (2007). Principles of Economics. Ludwig von Mises Institute, Auburn, Ala, USA. Retrieved from: http://austrian-library.s3-website-us-east1.amazonaws.com/books/Carl%20Menger/Principles%20of% 20Economics.html
- Weber, M. (1968). Economy and Society. Retrieved from: https://archive.org/stream/ MaxWeberEconomy AndSociety/MaxWeberEconomyAndSociety_djvu.txt
- Whitaker, J. (2001). Henry George, John Stuart Mill and Adam Smith, The American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 11.
- Smolucha, L. Smolucha F. (2012). Vygotsky’s Theory of Creativity: on Figurative and Literal Thinking.
- Thompson, M.J. (2017). Introduction: What Is Critical Theory? Department of Political Science, William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ, 07470, USA, The Palgrave Handbook of Critical Theory, doi: 10.1057/978-1-137-55801-5_1.
- Tsoulfidis, L. (2017). Economic theory in historical perspective, The Journal of Philosophical economics: Reflections on economic and social issues, 2. ISSN 1843-2298.
- Sraffa, P. (1951). The works and correspondence of David Ricardo. On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, liberty fund, Indianapolis, 1.
- Mac, V., S. M. (Nov., 1893). The Austrian Theory of Value. Source: The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 4, 12-41, Sage Publications, Inc. in association with the American Academy of Political and Social Science. Available from: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1009036, Accessed: 06-06-2018 04:32 UTC.
- Henry, G. (1879). Progress and poverty. An inquiry into the cause of industrial Depressions and of increase of want with increase of wealth.
- Stenkula Mikael. (2003). Carl Menger and the network theory of money. [Euro. J. History of Economic Thought 10:4 587–606 Winter, Mikael Stenkula, Department of Economics, Lund University, PO Box 7082, S-220 07, Lund, Sweden.]