Sumy State University, Ukraine
Sumy State University, Ukraine
University of Insubria, Italy
This article summarizes the arguments and counterarguments within the scientific discussion on improving the marketing policy of the clinic. The purpose of the study is to improve the marketing policy of the clinic. The urgency of solving the scientific problem lies in need to promote medical services, where marketing activities contribute to establishing relations between providers and consumers of medical services. The authors noted that patients have a low level of awareness in medical services, making it difficult to understand the market of medical services. In turn, public and municipal health care facilities have a passive marketing policy that is not competitive enough with private health care facilities. In most cases, state and municipal medical institutions do not use marketing tools to acquaint consumers with the list of available services, do not inform consumers about the expansion of medical services and the benefits of their medical institution. The object of the study was selected health care management. According to the results of empirical analysis of ways to improve the marketing policy of the clinic, it is established that the reform of the medical sector of Ukraine intensifies the processes of competition in the market. The marketing system of Ukrainian health care has no concept of medical care. Instead of that, there is a market element as medical service or health care service provided to the patient by a health care institution or an individual registered according to the law and possessing the medical business license. Besides, the medical services are paid for by the customer, such as patients, various organizations, local authorities, and the government. Thus, public medical institutions faced the need to fight (particularly with private medical institutions) for the consumer and state funding for the package of primary medical services. The study empirically confirms and theoretically proves the existence of competition between private and public medical institutions in the market of medical services. The results of this study can help improve the marketing policy of public and municipal clinics.
Keywords: marketing tools, marketing policy, healthcare, staff, pricing policy.
JEL Classification: M31, I15, P41.
Cite as: Yula, Yu., Pushko, O., & Palienko, M. (2020). Recommendations for improving the hospital’s marketing policy. Health Economics and Management Review, 1(2), 91-99. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2020.2-10
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Censor. (2020). The volume of the private medicine market. Retrieved from [Link]
- Chornorotov, O. (2010). Characteristics of the private medicine market of Ukraine. Agency «Credit rating». Retrieved from [Link]
- Foygt, N. (2011). The evaluation of priorities in Primary Care reformation in Ukraine in the context of population aging. Derzhavne upravlinnya: udoskonalennya ta rozvytok, (8).
- Kalinichenko, O. (2016). Instruments of marketing research in a health protection. Proceedings of the International and Practical Conference «Actual problems of youth in modern socio-economic conditions».
- Laburtseva, O. (2007). Research of the historical genesis of the modern concept of marketing. Marketing in Ukraine, (6), 57-61.
- Legan, I., & Krykun, O. (2020). Private medicine market of ukraine: features of regulation and directions of development. Galician economik journal, 3(64), 192-197.
- Lekhan, V., Slabkyi, G., & Shevchenko, M. (2010). Health care system strategy development: Ukrainian measuring. Ukraine. Nation’s Health, 1(13), 5-23. [Google Scholar]
- Levina, M. (2016). Theoretical marketing foundations. Bulletin of Kyiv National University. Taras Shevchenko. Ser. Economics, 5, 70-75.
- Medosvita (2020). The market of medical services in Ukraine. Retrieved from [Link]
- Melnychenko, O. (2018). Modern aspects of public change management in the health care system of Ukraine. Proceedings of the International and Practical Conference «Marketing and management in the focus of the challenges of the new economy». 102-106.
- Polienko, M. (2005). Institutional aspects of improving the efficiency of public administration. Doctoral dissertation.
- Popova, Yu. (2011). The essence and technical tools of Internet marketing. Retrieved from [Link]
- Porter, M. (2015). Competition: a textbook. Kyiv: ed. Williams House, 495 p.
- Shomnikova, A. (2009). Medical services market: problems of effective use of marketing research. RFI Scientific papers, (2), 131-136.
- Shynkaryova, I. (2007). Quality of primary health care: assessment by patients. Bulletin of problems biology and medicine, 4, 181–189.
- Social communications research center (2020). Primary care reform: a new model for purchasing local health services. Retrieved from [Link]
- Sokolova, Yu. & Pasichnyk, K. (2019). Improvement of activity of state medical institution on the basis of marketing. Economics and management of the national economy, 37, 150-158.
- Vezha. (2020). Analysis of the medical services market in Ukraine. Retrieved from [Link]
- Yanchak, Ya. (2017). Effective development and functioning of the market of medical services in the conditions of globalization and integration processes in health. Journal of Lviv Polytechnic National University. Series of Science of Law, 876 (15).
- Zatsna, L., & Ivashkiv, T. (2017). Marketing of medical services and features of medical institutions market development in the conditions of economic transformation. Crimean economy, 1(42), 363–367.
- Zukin, V. (2017). Ukrainian market of private medicine: realities and prospects. Private doctor, 12-15.