Ph.D. in Medicine, Institute for International Cooperation Development, Poland
Sumy State University, Ukraine
The main purpose of the research is highlighting the role of quality medical content marketing, the main problems that arise in the implementation of content strategies on the example of modern Sumy medical institutions, providing recommendations for its improvement. Systematization literary sources and approaches for solving the problem indicates that the search for new marketing tools to inform and stimulate the purchase of customers about medical goods and services (passive demand) in the online sphere remains a very relevant topic. This is evidenced by the search for modern trends in the use of marketing in medicine, a comprehensive study of marketing technologies for managing activities in the health care system. At the same time, content marketing is considered as a tool for indirectly persuading the audience to make the decision necessary for the distributor, to choose his service. Investigation of the topic research on the role of marketing content in the promotion of medical goods and services in the paper is carried out in the following logical sequence: description of the benefits of using content marketing, the importance of compliance with legal requirements when advertising and filling sites and pages on social networks, presenting the results of content analysis of selected clinics, development of proposals to improve their content strategies. Methodological tools of the research methods included systematization of information based on the content analysis of official sites, social networks of selected medical institutions. The object of research is the chosen medical companies (public and private medical centers, dental clinics and medical pharmaceutical institutions), because namely they they are the most visited in the city, have a high level of competition, which means they should be interested in online promotion of services (especially during a pandemic). The research theoretically proves that content marketing is today an integral part of the promotion of medical institutions in the network, reveals the problem of insufficient understanding in the correct use of this tool by Sumy clinics.
Keywords: clinics, medical centers, reviews, social networks, Unique Selling Point.
JEL Classification: M30, I10, O14.
Cite as: Prudnikov, Yu., & Nazarenko, A. (2021). The role of content marketing in the promotion of medical goods and services. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(1), 23-29. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.1-02
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Antosova, I., Hazuchova, N., Stakova, J. (2019). Market Segmentation in Healthcare. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 151-166. http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.3-12 [Link]
- Constantinescu-Dobra, A. (2014) Content Marketing in Dentist’s Websites. An Empirical Comparative Study between Romania and the UK. In: Vlad S., Ciupa R. (eds) International Conference on Advancements of Medicine and Health Care through Technology; 5th – 7th June 2014, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. IFMBE Proceedings, vol 44. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-07653-9_22 [Link]
- Costa, T. F. T. (2014). Pharmaceutical marketing and social media: a facebook, twitter and youtube analysis (Doctoral dissertation). [Google Scholar]
- Elmortada, A., Mokhlis, C.-E., Mokhlis, A. & Elfezazi, S. (2020). Innovations in HR Management: a Content Analysis Approach. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 182-191. http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2020.1-14 [Link]
- Hospitals and clinics of Sumy. Retrieved from [Link]
- Hrytchuk, Ya. S., Pavlychko, Yu. M., & Hrytchuk, Ya. M. (2004). The role of a doctor in the iatrogenic diseases occurrence. Medicine of railway transport of Ukraine, 2., 98-99. Retrieved from [Link]
- HubSpot Academy (n.d.). Content Marketing Workbook A Beginner’s Guide to Applying Content Marketing to Your Business (3rd ed). Retrieved from [Link]
- Khomenko, L., Saher, L., Polcyn, J. (2020). Analysis of the Marketing Activities in the Blood Service: Bibliometric Analysis. Health Economics and Management Review, 1, 20-36. DOI: 10.21272/hem.2020.1-02 [Link]
- Makhnusha, S. M., & Shevchenko, O. Yu. (2013). Marketing system of health care in modern socio-economic conditions. Retrieved from [Link]
- RegioNews-Sumy. (2019). Laserhouse in Sumy fined for violating the law on advertising. Retrieved from [Link]
- Rosokhata, A., Letunovska N., Jasnikowski, A., & Moiseienko, D. (2020) Marketing services mix for healthy territories: Europe – Ukraine features. Economic space, 147(2), 13-19 [Link]
- Shelusko, D. V. (2018). Internet marketing and smm in promotion of medical companies. In Interdisciplinary Research: New Formats and Directions in a Multiethnic Educational Space (pp. 63-67). Retrieved from [Link]
- Sokolova, Yu. O., & Pasichnyk, K. V. (2019). Improving the activities of the state medical institution on the basis of marketing. Market infrastructure, 37. Retrieved from [Link]
- Teletov, A., Letunovska, N., & Melnyk, Yu. (2019). Four-vector efficiency of infrastructure in the system of providing regional socially significant needs taking into account the concept of marketing of changes. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications, 12(3), 637-645 http://dx.doi.org/10.21786/bbrc/12.3/13 [Link]
- Tkhorikov, B. A. (2016). Content manager of the state medical organization. In human resources management in the modern world: trends and challenges of the 21st century (pp. 66-70). Retrieved from [Link]