Sumy State University, Ukraine
Dr.Sc., The London Academy of Science and Business, United Kingdom
Sumy State University, Ukraine
The article summarizes the arguments and counter-arguments within the scientific discussion on improving the HR management system in medical centers through HR policy tools. The study’s main purpose is to form proposals and focus on the prospects for the development of HR management in medical institutions. Systematization of learned treatises and approaches on the development of HR management systems showed problems in HR management’s current methods and systems. The urgency of solving this scientific problem is that the improvement of HR policy could effectively form and modernize medical organizations’ personnel management systems. The study of improving the HR management system in medical centers was carried out in the following logical sequence: considering the basics of personnel management in the private organizations; studying the methods and current trends in personnel management; analyzing the current system of HR management and personnel management on the example of medical institutions of Ukraine; developing recommendations for improving the HR policy of medical centers have been formed considering the obtained results. The methodological tools of the study were the methods of comparison, the BSC system of Kaplan and Norton, the fundamental provisions of personnel management, the calculation method and the method of data analysis, and the Gantt chart. The object of the study is the HR policy of medical institutions in Ukraine. The article presents the empirical analysis results based on the identified problems of organizing a personnel management system. The essence and features of the HR policy of medical centers were determined. In the study, the authors considered the state of medical centers’ staffing and HR management methods in health care. To investigate the organizational structure and personnel in the current situation of HR management of medical centers, the analysis of personnel and financial indicators was conducted. The findings showed the deficiencies in the personnel document management and HR management system of medical centers and the reasons for staff turnover. The comparison method, Kaplan and Norton’s BSC system, Gantt chart, calculation, and data analysis allowed identifying the ways to improve the existing HR management system in organizations.
Keywords: personnel management, HR management, HR policy, intangible methods of motivation, staff training.
JEL Classification: M30, I10, P41.
Cite as: Ziabina, Ye., Kwilinski, A. & Belik, T. (2021). HR management in private medical institutions. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(1), 30-36. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.1-03
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Bala, R. D. (2018). The role of the personnel management body in solving the problems of staff turnover in enterprises in the context of the growing international labor migration of young people. Young Scientist, 2, 678-681. [Google Scholar]
- Bogdan, D., Boyko, A., Vasilkova, A., Vezhnovets, T., Zvinchuk, O., Latipov, A., … & Sereda, Yu. (2019). Human resources of the health care system in Ukraine Situation analysis. [Google Scholar]
- Bordzan, S. (2016). Improving socio-psychological methods of enterprise management. Eastern Europe: Economics, Business and Management, 1 (06), 24-31. [Google Scholar]
- Boychenko, O. (2019). Key HR-trends of Ukraine 2019. Report Global Human Capital Trends. Analysis and prospects (master’s thesis, Sumy State University). [Google Scholar]
- Cascio, W. F. (2012). Methodological issues in international HR management research. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 23(12), 2532-2545. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Ceylan, C. (2013). Commitment-based HR practices, different types of innovation activities and firm innovation performance. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24(1), 208-226. [Google Scholar] [Google Scholar]
- Dyadyk, T. (2019). The need for HR-marketing in today’s labor market. Market Infrastructure, 33, 246-253. [Google Scholar]
- Gavin, T. A., & Dileepan, P. (2002). Stress!!: Analyzing the culprits and prescribing a cure. Strategic Finance, 84(5), 50. [Google Scholar]
- Gridin, O. (2017). HR management in modern organizations: features and prospects of implementation. Bulletin of the Petro Vasylenko Kharkiv National Technical University of Agriculture, (185), 160-172. [Google Scholar]
- Ilyash, O., & Blokhin, P. (2018). The future of HR management: trends, risks, motivation. [Google Scholar]
- Losey, M. R. (1999). Mastering the competencies of HR management. Human Resource Management: Published in Cooperation with the School of Business Administration, The University of Michigan and in alliance with the Society of Human Resources Management, 38(2), 99-102. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Roehling, M. V., Boswell, W. R., Caligiuri, P., Feldman, D., Graham, M. E., Guthrie, J. P., … & Tansky, J. W. (2005). The future of HR management: Research needs and directions. Human Resource Management: Published in Cooperation with the School of Business Administration, The University of Michigan and in Alliance with the Society of Human Resources Management, 44(2), 207-216. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Rudenko, O., Usachenko, L., & Shturkhetsky, S. (2013). HR management system and strategy for public administration: textbook. way. Rudenko OM, Usachenko LM, Shturkhetsky SV-K: LLC «SPE «Interservice».
- Shkilnyak, M., Zhelyuk, T., Vasina, A., Dudkina, O., Popovych, T., & Ovsyanyuk-Berdadina, O. (2018). Modernization of health care system management in the context of medical reform. Bulletin of Ternopil National University of Economics, 4, 168-180. [Google Scholar]
- Shvets, I. (2013). HR management: problems, strategies and prospects: a collective monograph. Donetsk: «DonNTU».
- Tarasova, K. (2018). Features of HR management for the digital world: trends and prospects. Young scientist, 3(2), 708-711. [Google Scholar]
- Tereshchenko, K., & Zelenskaya, D. (2018). HR management and the labor market: aspects of interaction. Economic Bulletin of the Zaporozhye State Engineering Academy, (6), 173-178. [Google Scholar]
- Timokhina, O. (2013). Personnel management as a key element in the enterprise management system. Economy and region, 4, 106-112. [Google Scholar]
- Vasilik, A. (2014). Modern challenges and innovative practices of personnel management. Socio-labor relations: theory and practice, 1, 306-314. [Google Scholar]
- Volyanyuk, N., Lozhkin, G., Vinoslavskaya, O., Blokhina, I., Kononets, M., Moskalenko, O., … & Andriytsev, B. (2019). Social Psychology. [Google Scholar]
- Zagreva, V. (2015). Personnel management in the management system of organizations. Scientific Bulletin of the Lesia Ukrainka East European National University. Pedagogical sciences, 1, 86-90. [Google Scholar]
- Zaika, V. (2017). Medical management. The practice of managing a medical institution, 1, 52-57.
- Zastrozhnikova, I. (2018). Formation of personnel reserve as one of the functions of HR management of the civil service. [Google Scholar]