Ph.D., Associate Professor, Sumy State University, Ukraine
Ph.D., Wroslaw University of Economics and Business, Poland
Sumy State University, Ukraine
This paper considers human resources to be important for the effective functioning and development of the organization in current socio-economic conditions. Corporate management involves the impact on people (corporate staff) primarily. The authors noted that the staff management assessment is a powerful instrument to increase the management process’s effectiveness. The normative documents of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine define the following methods of quality control of medical services: clinical audit and monitoring. The purpose of a clinical audit is to find opportunities to achieve high-quality health care. Continuous tracking of staff provides an opportunity to make effective management decisions and increase productivity. An adequate system for assessing the quality of medical staff should respond not only to the result of medical care but also to prevent defects. Personnel management in health care quality should be carried out to avoid mistakes in the provision of medical care. This concept is designed to create an internal structural quality management system. Therefore, it is essential to understand the assessment process and its interactions at different stages of the management process within the organization. In the paper, the authors determined ways to enhance the medical staff management assessment. The study presents the essence and features of medical staff assessment based on the general principles and methods for assessing the effectiveness of public and private medical institutions. The authors analyzed the medical staff assessment system in medical institutions and identified its features under medical reform. Besides, the study provided the investigation of the current state of the staff assessment of medical institutions. It analyzed the areas of concern in the methods and mechanisms of staff assessment. To investigate the current situation in the medical institution, the structure and movement of medical staff were analyzed. The findings identified the gaps in the current staff assessment system and the reasons for the low rates of nursing staff. The authors highlighted ways to improve the current staff assessment system in the institution through the social satisfaction criterion, interviewing the parturient women and configuration management of quality based on the PDCA cycle. The obtained results showed that the medical institution had different reserves available to increase the parturient women satisfaction with the level of medical services received.
Keywords: staff management, performance evaluation, medical staff efficiency, social satisfaction criterion, clinical audit, monitoring.
JEL Classification: I15, I18, J53.
Cite as: Opanasiuk, Yu., Grabovska, M., & Volovyk, O. (2021). Methodology for staff management assessment efficiency in the medical institutions. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(1), 89-99. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.1-09
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Bazaliyska, N. P. (2015). World experience of staff labor management in countries with developed market economy. Innovative economy, 1, 138-142. Retrieved from [Link]
- Boychuk, Yu. D. (2017).General theory of health and health conservation: a collective monograph. Kharkiv: Ed. Rozhko S.G. 488 p.
- Derlyuk, M. D., & Reha, N. I. (2017). Assessment of the Quality of Provision of Medical Services by Nursing Personnel in the Conditions of a Private Medical Center. Nursing, 4. [CrossRef]
- Donabedian, A. (2005). Evaluating the Quality of Medical Care . Milbank Quartely, 3(4), 691-729. [CrossRef]
- Doskuch, L. V. (2012). Methodical approaches to the assessment of personnel of industrial enterprises. Bulletin of the National University «Lviv Polytechnic»: coll. Science. wash. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic, 91-101. [CrossRef]
- European Information and Research Center: website. (2021). Retrieved from [Link]
- Grynko T., & Savchenko, K. (2017.) Scientific and Methodikal Approaches to Personel Potential Estimation at the Medical Institution. Scientific Notes of Ostroh Academy National University, Series «Economics», 7(35). [Google Scholar]
- Karamishev, D. V. (2007). Management of the quality of medical care in the context of innovative transformations of the health care system. Chief physician, 8, 68–71. Retrieved from [Link]
- Khodykina, I. V. (2015). Approaches to assessing the effectiveness of staff management systems. Scientific Bulletin of Mukachevo State University. Series «Economics»: a collection of scientific papers. Mukachevo: Carpathian Tower, 2(4), Part 2, 115–120. Retrieved from [Link]
- Kryachkova, L. V., Makhov, I .B., Borvinko, E. V., & Kozur, O. A. (2019). Application of methods of variation statistics to assess the performance of medical staff. Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sports, 4(20), 171-176. [Google Scholar]
- Machuga, N. Z. (2012). Methodological aspects of formation and functioning of the system of quality medical services in Ukraine [Monograph]. Ternopil, Type. 199 p. Retrieved from [Link]
- Mikhailovskaya, N. S. (2020). Basic principles of organization of therapeutic care in diseases of internal organs: textbook. Zaporozhye: ZSMU. 213 p. Retrieved from [Link]
- Opanasyuk, Yu. A., & Rud, А. В. (2012). Improving the staff evaluation system at the enterprise. Bulletin of Sumy State University. «Economy» series, 1, 134–140. Retrieved from [Link]
- Order of the Ministry of Health № 752 On the procedure for quality control of medical care (of September, 28, 2012). Retrieved from [Link]
- Pashchenko, O. I. (2012). Ways to increase the efficiency of management of managers and specialists at the enterprise. Development Management, 11, 67-68. Retrieved from [Link]
- Prokhorchuk, S. V., & Mukhina, T. B. (2014). Staff management: foreign. Business Navigator, 2, 208–211. Retrieved from [Link]
- Sitash, T. D. (2012). Financing of health care system in Ukraine: tendencies and reforming. Mechanism of economic regulation, 1, 164-169. Retrieved from [Link]
- Stalinska, A. V. (2015). System of evaluation of staff in the modern industrial enterprise. Agrosvit., 13, 33-36. Retrieved from [Link]
- Vashchenko, N. V. (2014.) Adaptation of principles and methods of staff management in the process of enterprise management . Economic Journal XXI, 1-2(1), 98–101. Retrieved from [Link]
- Wang, H.,qian, Y., & Wang, X. l. (2017). Development and Validation Studies of Medical Staff Job Satisfaction Assessment Scale. Chinese Hospital Management,37(3),14-17.
- Yaremko, I. Y., & Ryabkova, O. V. (2014.) Criteria and components of the integrated performance indicator of the enterprise. Lviv Polytechnic National University. Management and entrepreneurship in Ukraine: stages of formation and problems of development. Vol. 797. 423-429. Retrieved from [Link]
- Yerzhak, G. Ya. (2016). Healthcare facility management technology: digest. Dnipropetrovsk: DONMB. P.23.