Ph.D., Sumy State University, Ukraine
Hab. Dr. in Economics, Stanisław Staszic University of Applied Sciences in Piła, Poland
Sumy State University, Ukraine
This study aimed to justify the mechanisms for improving the administration system of local health care facilities based on the best European experience. This study determined the state of health care facilities in Ukraine based on assessing the quality of medical services, rational resources usage, personnel management, and technical and technological improvement. Systematization of scientific sources and approaches to solving investigated issues showed methodological underdevelopment and methodological lack of administration systems of Ukrainian health care facilities at the local level, considering the specifics of medical services. Thus, healthcare institutions need to adapt, develop, and implement the best international practices in administrative technologies. For gaining the research goal, the study was carried out in the following logical sequence: 1) analyzing the current models of health care development processes in the world; 2) determining the features of administration system od the health care institutions; 3) developing recommendations for improving the administration system of local health care facilities in Ukraine. The methodological tool of this research is the systematization of information based on the content analysis of official websites. The research object is the administration system of health care facilities in Ukraine. In the study, the authors present several approaches to organize state administration of health care at the national and regional levels. The authors determined the effective tools for administering health care institutions. The study substantiated the strategic format of developing health care facilities in modern conditions by providing high-quality services, rational resources usage, personnel management, and technical and technological improvement.
Keywords: administration of health care institutions, European experience in administrating health care institutions, health care institution, health care models, management features.
JEL Classification: I11, I15, I18, M12, M16.
Cite as: Oleksich, Zh., Polcyn, J., & Shtorgin, O. (2021). Adaptation of the best European practices in administering local health care institutions. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(2), 15-22. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.2-02
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Grabovski, V. A., & Klimenko, P. M. (2014). System approach to management of health care institutions. Bulletin of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, vol. 3, рр. 136-142. Retrieved from [Link]
- Dmitruk, O. V., & Svintsytska, O. M. (2018). Managing the adaptation of health care staff in the new business environment. Retrieved from [Link]
- EuroMD. (2017). Effective management of medical facilities. MIS capabilities. Retrieved from [Link]
- Karpishin, N., & Komunitskaya, M. (2008). Classic models of financial health care. The world of finance, 1. Retrieved from [Link]
- Kozhemyachenko, O. O., & Malkina, E. V. (2020). Problems of formation of the health insurance system in Ukraine. Formation of Market Relations in Ukraine, 5 (228), 104–111. Retrieved from [Link]
- Logvinenko, B. O. (2016). The concept of «e-Health» in public administration of health care in Ukraine. Retrieved from [Link]
- Melnik, L. A. (2018). The modern head of a medical institution in the conditions of reforming the health care industry. Public Administration: Improvement and Development, 11. Retrieved from [Link]
- Nazarko, S. O. (2019). Effective management of the medical institution in the context of health care reform. Efficient economy. Retrieved from [Link]
- Smirnov, S. O. (2016). Mechanism of economic management of health care facilities. Development Management, 3, 78-83. Retrieved from [Link]
- Stefanyshyn, L. S. (2019). Theoretical and methodological bases of application of partisipative management of a health care facility. State and Regions. Series: Economics and Entrepreneurship, 3, 160-166. Retrieved from [Link]
- Teletov, A., Letunovska, N., & Melnyk, Yu. (2019). Four-vector efficiency of infrastructure in the system of providing regional socially significant needs taking into account the concept of marketing of changes. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications, 12(3), 637-645. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Shafransky, V. V., Slabky, G. O., & Kachala, L. O. (2016). Fundamentals of European policy and strategy for the XXI century: strategic leadership in the interests of health. Economics and health law, 2, 72-75. Retrieved from [Link]
- Shupa, L. Z. (2018). Implementation of Estonian medical insurance experience in Ukraine. Economic Analysis, 28(1), 168–171. Retrieved from [Link]
- Yurynets, Z. V. (2018). Areas of state regulation of innovative development of health care in Ukraine. Investments: Practice and Experience, 22, 116–121. Retrieved from [Link]
- Yamnenko, T. M. (2018). Medical reform: the realities of Ukraine and international experience. Legal Bulletin. Air and space law, 2, 116-120. Retrieved from [Link]