, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Department of Finance and Credit, Sumy State University, Ukraine
, Ph.D. in Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Babes Bolyai University, Romania
, Ph.D. Student, Sumy State University, Ukraine
The article studies the innovative activity of small and medium-sized enterprises. The main obstacles to the innovative development of small and medium-sized enterprises were determined. The scenarios of correspondence between potential of innovation and potential of the enterprise, as well as the methodology of determining the innovative potential of small and medium-sized enterprises are given. The paper describes the algorithm, and financial and legal mechanism of the innovative development of small and medium-sized enterprises, which includes a set of goals, ideas, tasks, tools, principles and innovative development factors. Depending on the combination of the values of the factors of five-component indicator, six levels of innovative development of small and medium-sized enterprises are established in research.
Keywords: innovations, innovative potential, innovative development, small and medium-sized enterprises, innovations assessment.
JEL Classification: O30, O31, O32.
Cite as: Kobushko, I., Jula, O., Kolesnyk, M. (2017). Improvement of the mechanism of innovative development of small and medium-sized enterprises. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(1), 60-67. http://doi.org/10.21272/sec.2017.1-07.
- Acs, Z.J., Audretsch, D.B. (1988). Innovation in ladge and small firms: an empirical analysis. American Economic Review, 78(4), 678-690.
- Chukhraieva, N.M. (2013). Suchasni pryntsypy zabezpechennia innovatsiinoho rozvytku pidpryiemstva. Ekonomika i upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy [Modern principles of innovative development of the com-pany. Economics and enterprise management]. Ekonomichnyi chasopys-XXI [Economic Annals-XXI], 3-4(2), 56-63 [in Ukrainian].
- Kirner, E., Som, O., Dreher, C., Wiesenmaier, V. (2006). Innovation in SMEs The holistic approach to innovation and the importance of innovation routines for the innovation process. Resource document. Karlsruhe: Fraunhofer ISI. Retirieved from http://publica.fraunho-fer.de/starweb/servlet.starweb?path=pub.web &search=N48930&format =toc.
- Kuchynskyi, V.A., Kramskoi, O.U., Andrushenko, A.O. (2009). Rozvytok innovatsiinoho potentsialu pidpryiemstva v suchasnykh umovakh [The development of innovative potential of enterprise in modern conditions]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho Tekhnichnoho Universytetu “KhPY”[Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”], 6, 70-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Maass, F., Leader, B. (2012). Innovation activity in SMEs: measurement and assessment. Resource doc-ument. Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn. Retrieved from https://www.econstor.eu/bit-stream/10419/55666/1/687056292.pdf.
- Pymenov, S., Vorontsova, M. (2003). Metody izmereniia innovatsyonnoho potentsyala malykh i srednikh predpriiatii [Methods for measuring the innovation potential of small and medium-sized enterprises]. Resource document. ECORYS. Retrieved from http://businessfor.ru/managment/metody_ izmerenija_innovacionnogo_potenciala_malykh_i_srednikh_predprijatij__m___2005__79_s.html.
- Selivanova, N.M. (2016). Novi pidkhody shchodo upravlinnia rozvytkom innovatsiino-aktyvnoho promyslovoho pidpryiemstva na zasadakh kontrolinhu ta yoho kontseptualna model [New approaches to management development of innovative and industrial enterprise on the basis of controlling and its conceptual model]. Ekonomika: Realii Chasu. Naukovyi Zhurnal [Economics: Time Realities. Scientific journal], 1(23), 132-141 [in Ukrainian].
- Shumpeter, I. (1982). Theory of economic development (The study of business profits, capital, credit, interest and conditions cycle). Prohress, 455 p.
- Svechnikova, V.V. (2010). Orhanizatsyonno-ekonomicheskii mekhanizm innovatsyonnoho razvitiia korporativnykh struktur [Organizational and economic mechanism of innovative development of corporate structures]. Cand. Diss. (Economy). Ekaterinburg, 200 p.
- Welfens, P.J.J., Balcerowicz, L. (1988). Dynamics of innovation in system comparisons: Theory and prac-tice of entrepreneurial, macroeconomic and political innovation. Heidelberg: Physica-Verl. 446 p.