, Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Credit, Sumy State
, Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Management, Sumy State University, Ukraine.
, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at Business School, Lebanese International University, Beirut, Lebanon.
The problems of effective use of secondary resources, as well as the overall problem of managing them at the level of the national economy in the context of separate sectors and enterprises remain relevant for countries with transition economy for more than a quarter of a century. However, in the context of management situations modeling, including those with regard to more efficient use of secondary resources, the issue, mentioned above, requires further actualization and its solutions.
The article discloses an ecological approach to the study of socio-economic relations, in particular to the manufacturing processes. It is shown that the scale of use of the environment and the structure of the industrial production established in Ukraine placed it among the countries with the highest absolute and specific indicators of formation and accumulation of toxic waste; a situation with them remains critical today. As a tool for issues optimization associated with the secondary resources and waste, the industry model is considered, in which the criterion of an optimality is the maximum excess of the economic result over the costs for the use of secondary raw materials and the elimination of social, ecological and economic damage due to waste generation.
It is proved that the protection of the environment and public health from the negative impact of waste is an urgent task and a priority principle of the policy on the way of sustainable development of the state. The socio-ecological modification of economic-mathematical model of secondary resources management is proposed: environmental effect is represented as the value of prevented damage from environmental waste pollution; social effect is represented as the sum of the effects from improving the utilization of the labor force due to the reduced morbidity from social insurance savings and reduction of costs in healthcare.
Keywords: secondary resources, two-tier economic model, socio-ecological modification, management, Ukraine.
JEL Classification: Q01, Q32, C51.
Cite as: Hrytsenko, L., Petrushenko, M., Daher, K. (2017). The necessity of socio-ecological modification of two-tier economic model of secondary resources management in Ukraine. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(1), 68-76. http://doi.org/10.21272/sec.2017.1-08.
- Balatskiy, O.F., Zaytsev, V.A., Yarosh, N.V. (1984). Malo i bezothodnyie proizvodstva: ekonomich-eskaya otsenka i perspektivyi razvitiya [Low- and non-waste production: economic evaluation and devel-opment prospects]. Problemy okruzhayuschey sredy i prirodnyh resursov (prilozhenie) [Problems of the Environment and Natural Resources (Annex)], 8, 3-51 (in Russian).
- Bocken, N.M.P., de Pauw, I., Bakker, C., van der Grinten, B. (2015). Product design and business model strategies for a circular economy. Journal of Industrial and Production Engineering, 33(5), 308-320. Retrieved from doi:10.1080/21681015.2016.1172124.
- Burkinskiy, B.V., Stepanov, V.N., Kharichkov, S.K. (1999). Prirodopolzovanie: osnovy ekonomiko-ekologicheskoy teorii [Nature management: the foundations of economic and ecological theory]. Odessa, IPREEI NAN Ukrainy, 350 p. (in Russian). 4. Cote, M., Poganietz, W.-R., Schebek, L. (2015). Quantitative and qualitative dynamic modelling of sec-ondary raw materials from wood products in Germany. Matériaux & Techniques, 103(1), 8. Retrieved from doi:org/10.1051/mattech/2015001.
- Gregson, N., Crang, M. (2015). From waste to resource: the trade in wastes and global recycling economies. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 40, 151-176. Retrieved from doi:10.1146/annurev-envi-ron-102014-021105.
- Hens, L., Melnik, L., Bunn, E., eds. (1998). Ekonomika prirodopolzovaniya [Environmental Economics]. Кiev, Naukova dumka, 480 p. (in Russian). 7. Hosoda, E.B. (2012). Recycling of waste and downgrading of secondary resources in a classical type of production model. Journal of Economic Structures, 1(7). Retrieved from doi:10.1186/2193-2409-1-7.
- Kukhar, V. (1998). Poriadok dennyi dlia Ukraiiny na ХХІ stolittia [Agenda ХХІ for Ukraine]. Vistnyk NAN Ukrainy, 7-8, 7-15 (in Ukranian).
- Lebedinskiy, Yu.P., Sklyankin, Yu.V., Popov, P.I. (1990). Resursosberezhenie i Ekologiya [Resource Saving and Ecology]. Кiev, Politizdat Ukrayny, 223 p. (in Russian).
- Luk’yanikhin, V.A., Petrushenko, N.N. (2004). Ekologicheskiy menedzhment: printsipy i metody [Ecological management: principles and methods]. Sumy, ITD “Universitetskaya kniga”, 408 p. (in Russian).
- Melnik, L.G., Yarosh, N.V. (1981). Effektivnost bezothodnyh tehnologiy [The effectiveness of non-waste technologies]. Vestnik Harkovskogo Politehnicheskogo Instituta, 9(184), 61-64 (in Russian).
- Natsionalnyiy doklad o sostoyanii okruzhayuschey prirodnoy sredy v Ukraine [National report on the state of the environment in Ukraine] (1992). Кiev, The Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine. 94 p. (in Russian).
- Olivetti, E.A., Gaustadt, G.G., Field, F.R., Kirchain, R.E. (2011). Increasing secondary and renewable material use: a chance constrained modeling approach to manage feedstock quality variation. Environ-mental Science & Technology, 45(9), 4118-4126. Retrieved from doi: 10.1021/es103486s. 14. Petrushenko, N.N. (2003). Sotsialno-psihologicheskiy kontekst ekologo-ekonomicheskih otsenok [Socio-psychological context of ecological and economic assessments]. Vestnik SumGU. Seriya “Ekonomika”, 6(52), 158-166 (in Russian).
- Snakin, V.V. (2000). Ekologiya i ohrana prirody [Ecology and nature protection]. Ed. A.L. Yanshin. Moscow, Academia. 384 p. (in Russian).
- Stadnytskiy, Yu.І. (1999). Ekonomichni osnovy upravlinnia ozdorovlenniam dovkillia (metodologiya i praktika) [Economic fundamentals of the environmental sanitation management (methodology and prac-tice)]. Lviv, SI “Lviv Polytechnic”, 260 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Tsigankov, A.P., Melnik, L.G., Yarosh, N.V. (1986). Sovershenstvovanie planirovaniia ispolzovaniia vtorichnyih resursov s uchetom ekologicheskogo faktora [Improved planning of secondary use of re-sources, taking into account environmental factors]. Tsvetnyie metally, 5, 117-120 (in Russian).
- Tsigankov, А.P., Yarosh, N.V. (1985). Uluchshenie ispolzovaniia vtorichnyh resursov tsvetnyh metallov [Improving the use of secondary resources of non-ferrous metals]. Planovoe hoziaystvo [Planning Econ-omy], 7, 86-89 (in Russian).
- Velis, C.A. (2015). Circular economy and global secondary material supply chains. Waste Management & Research, 33(5), 389-391. Retrieved from doi: 10.1177/0734242X15587641.
- Vetrova, Т.P. (2000). Ekologo-ekonomicheskaia otsenka problemy tverdyh bytovyh othodov v krupnyh gorodah [Ecological and economic assessment of the problem of municipal solid waste in large cities]. Vestnik MGU, Seriya “Ekonomika”, 3, 60-73 (in Russian).
- Zhuk, І.М. (eds.) (2016). Statystychnyi Shchorichnyck Ukrainy v 2015 roci [Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for 2015]. Kiev, State Statistics Service of Ukraine, 574 p. (in Ukrainian).