, PhD in Sociology, Assistant Professor, Baku State University, Baku, Azerbaijan
, PhD in Sociology, Lecturer, Baku State University, Baku, Azerbaijan
, PhD, Professor, Department of Educational Management, Lugansk Regional Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education, Severodonetsk, Ukraine
This article examines the issues related to the fundamental social changes that are taking place in all countries with a transition economy. It is noted that against the background of globalization of the world, a systemic transformation of modern Azerbaijani society takes place, which influences the formation of new family relations in the country. Tracing the main trends in the formation of new family relations in Azerbaijan in the context of the formation of civil society, contradictions and dif-ficulties in this area and indicating ways to overcome them is of urgent importance both in scientific and theoretical/philosophical and sociological, philosophical, and socially practical terms.
Keywords: social structure, family, family relations, transformation, globalization.
JEL Classification: F60.
Cite as: Aliyeva, Y. N., Aliyeva, S. N., Zhurba, M. (2017). Dichotomy of Family Relations of Azerbaijani Society in the Process of Globalization. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(4), 104-116. DOI: 10.21272sec.1(4).104-116.2017
- Agayev, T. B. (2015). Stratification processes in modern Azerbaijan society. VII Republican Scientific-Practical Conference on “Education Development Strategy and its Realization” dedicated to the 92nd anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev, May 7, 2015, Baku, p. 82-88.
- Akhmedli, J. T. (1988). Aktivizatsiya chelovecheskogo faktora i problemy sovershenstvovaniya ras-predelitel’nykh otnosheniy. Tematicheskiy sbornik [The activation of the human factor and the problem of improving distributive relations. Thematic collection]. Baku.
- Aliev R. Ya. (2006). Semeyno-brachnyye otnosheniya v islame. Per. s azerb. s dop. Baku [Family-marriage relations in Islam. Transl. with Azerbaijan. with add.].
- Alieva Y. N. (2010). Formirovaniye novykh semeynykh otnosheniy v Azerbaydzhane v usloviyakh transformatsii obshchestva (genderno-sotsiologicheskiy analiz) [Formation of new family relations in Azerbaijan in conditions of society transformation (gender-sociological analysis)]. Aktual’nyye problemy gumanitarnykh i yestestvennykh nauk. Zhurnal nauchnykh publikatsiy, 8, pp. 380-385. Institute for Strategic Studies, Moskva.
- Aliyeva, Y. N., Aliyeva, S. N., Vatandaş, P. (2017). Sociological Analysis of Family Questions in Muslim Society in the Age of Globalization: Regional Characteristics (Based on the Example of Azerbaijan Society). USOS-2017 – 1st Internatıonal Congress On Socıal Sciences on September 18-24, 2017 in collaboration with the University of Malaga and “Turkish Studies” Elmi Magazine in Qranada, Spain. (Book of Abstracts – Absrtact Boook). (3 N Publications, Ankara). Malaga, Spain. pp. 222-223.
- Allakhverdiyeva, I. R. (1994). Sotsial’no-psikhologicheskiy analiz supruzheskogo konflikta v Azerbaydzhanskoy sem’ye [Socio-psychological analysis of the conjugal conflict in the Azerbaijani family]. PhD Thesis, Baku.
- Dorofeyeva, T. G. (2014). Etika semeynykh otnosheniy v mirovykh religiyakh: monografiya [Ethics of family relations in world religions: monograph]. Penza: RIO PGSKHA, 2014.
- Gasanov, R. M. (2003). Formirovaniye grazhdanskogo obshchestva v usloviyakh transformatsii [Formation of a civil society in conditions of transformation]. Baku.
- Geybullayev, G. A. (1966). Sovremennaya sem’ya i semeynyy byt azerbaydzhantsev [Modern family and family life of Azerbaijanis]. PhD Thesis, Baku.
- Mirzajanzade, A. H. (1993). Etyudy o gumanitarizatsii obrazovaniya [Etudes about the humanitarization of education]. Baku.
- Radayev, V. V., Shkaratan, O. I. (1996). Sotsial’naya stratifikatsiya [Social stratification]. Moscow.
- Ragimov, A. A., Gasanov, R. M. (2003). Transformatsionnyye protsessy i problema natsional’noy bez-opasnosti v Azerbaydzhane [Transformation processes and the problem of national security in Azerbaijan]. Baku.
- Sadykov, A. I. (1970). Perezhitki semeynoy obshchiny v Vostochnom Azerbaydzhane v kontse XIX – nachale XX vekov [Remnants of the family community in East Azerbaijan in the late XIX – early XX centuries]. PhD Thesis, Baku.