, Dr, Associate Professor of Economics, at Department of Economics, Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences, University of El Imam El Mahdi, Sudan
The aim of the paper is to define the importance of regional planning and regional development projects and their role in achieving economic development and social justice in the Sudan, by knowing the impact of regional planning on achieving the principle of balanced development between the center and regions. As well as the impact of regional development projects and their role in achieving political, economic and social stability of urban and rural communities.
The paper assumed that Sudan’s development plans and programs did not take into account the issues and needs of the community for economic development and social justice.
The citizens of regions and states are not actively involved in the development of regional and local development programs and projects.
The paper used the historical and descriptive analytical method to extrapolate reality. The paper relied on secondary data sources such as reference books, some studies and official reports, statistics and data on regional development projects.
The paper concluded with the most important results that the planning of development in Sudan does not occur at the level of the states and regions, and the consequent creation of many of the political and social problems that put the country away from the path of development and progress.
And that there is a lack of specialized structures concerned with the process of development planning at the local and regional levels, which in turn reflects negatively on the effectiveness of the process of regional development planning.
Keywords: regional planning, regional development, economic planning, economic development, social development, social justice.
JEL Classification: B00.
Cite as: Mohamed Abdalla Mohamed Ahmed (2018). The Role Of Regional Planning In Achieving Economic Development And Social Justice In Sudan. SocioEconomic Challenges, 4(2), 101-113. DOI: http://doi.org/10.21272/sec.2(4).101-113.2018
- Abdul Aziz Abdullah Mukhtar (1995). Planning for the development of society, Dar Knowledge University.
- Abdul Hamid Brahimi (1997). Social Justice and Development in the Islamic Economy. First Edition, Center for Arab Unity Studies.
- Abd al-Rahim Marghani (2002). Development Planning in the Sudan in the 1960s, Awad Hassan Mohammed, Publisher Abdul Karim Marghani Omdurman Center.
- Adam Zein et al. (2003). Development Paper Key to Peace in Darfur. Center for Peace Studies, University of Juba.
- Albert Waterston (1982). Development Planning Lessons of Experience. London.
- Ali Lutfi (1988). Planning Theory and Application. University House, Beirut.
- Juma Kende Koumi (2008). Paper at the symposium on peace and the future of unity in Sudan, held at the University of Juba, Khartoum, on the status of the three regions and their impact on Sudan’s political future, Al-Sahafa newspaper No. 45297 dated 18/3/2008.
- Less and Brooks (1977). The Economic and Political Development of the Sudan, Manillan Press, London.
- Mohammed Khamis Al-Zouka (1999). Regional Planning and Geographical Disposal. Dar Al-Maarifa University.
- Mohamed Sultan Abu Ali (1985). Economic Planning and Methods. Nahdat Al-Shorouk Library, Cairo.
- Mohammed Ghanem (2004). Integrating the Environmental Dimension of Development Planning. Applied Research Institute.
- Mohamed Abdalla Mohamed Ahmed (2010). The role of regional planning in the economic and social development in Sudan, the period from 1980 to 2009. PhD in Economics, University of Sudan.
- Mohammed Bakri (1980). Manpower Planning Seminar. Institute of Management, Riyadh.
- Osman Ibrahim Al-Sayyid (2002). The Sudanese Economy. Dar Al-Quran University. Second Edition, p. 359.
- Sayed Nimeiri (1978). Economic Planning in Sudan. University of Khartoum.
- Samir Mohammed Ali Al-Rudeisi (1998). Introduction to Regional Planning. First Edition, The Foundation of Education for Printing and Publishing.
- Sheikh Aldin min allah (1998). Local government during the century presentation of the experience of Sudan (1899-1998). Sudan printing press, Khartoum.
- Sixth Plan for Economic and Social Development (77 / 78-82 / 1983), Volume I, Ministry of Finance and Economy, Khartoum, December 1976.
- Tijani Assum (2007). Point, Evaluation of the Planning, Implementation and Follow-up of Regional Development Projects in Sudan, Case Study of Southern Kordofan State from 1995-2005. PhD in Public Administration, unpublished, University of Sudan.
- Tim Tabluk (1994). Conflict of power and wealth in Sudan. Translation of Al-Fateh Tijani, Khartoum Publishing House, second edition.
- http: //www.algeria-tody.com.