Doctor of Economics, Professor, Financial Markets Department, University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, USFSU, Ukraine
Doctor of Economics, Professor, Finance Department, University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, USFSU, Ukraine
PhD in Economics, Dean of Economics Faculty, University of Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
PhD in Economics, Associate Professor in Accounting, University Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
The results of the implementation of EU policy in the field of social protection and social security are multidimensional particularly in the aspects of income and living standards, access to qualitative health care, education and work opportunities. Social integration is an instrument for achievement of these results especially promoting employment and poverty alleviation as well as monitoring the progress made in social protection. The aim of the paper is to study the process of social integration in the field of the promotion for social unity, gender equality and equal opportunities for all segments of the population (children, youth, retirees, disabled people) through flexible and effective social protection systems and social security policies. Systematic and evolutionary approaches, methods of observation, comparison, generalization and extrapolation were used in the study. The tools of social integration of people with disabilities to ensure their access to lifelong learning and employment are considered as they are the most vulnerable in society. The necessity of social integration and development of civic responsibility of youth is studied in order to realize the unity of goals, objectives and national priorities at different levels of economic and social development of society. This is especially important in the context of financial disproportion and significant social and economic differentiation of both the population and regions. A comprehensive approach to the development of major state programs and public welfare programs is inherent in a socially oriented and human-centered market economy. In the process of financing public welfare, the main goals of public policy implementation should be a support of welfare of both individuals and households; overcoming poverty; increase of economic efficiency of functioning of all processes of social integration. The modern economic theories of public welfare and human capital were also used. It is proved that in order to implement social integration successfully it is necessary: to improve the financial mechanism and normative base aimed at creating an effective system of targeted social payments; to provide implementation of a set of measures for the development and improvement of social services for the poor; to develop and implement measures for the prevention of disability and social integration of the disabled; to involve non-governmental organizations, associations and individuals in solution of social problems.
Keywords: social integration, social protection, sustainable development, public welfare, poverty, economic development, strategic transformations.
JEL Classification: B15, B25, D31, 63, J14.
Cite as: Voronkova, O., Hordei, O., Barusman, A.R.P., Ghani, E.K. (2019). Social Integration As A Direction For Humanization Of Economic Relations And Improvement Of Social Welfare. SocioEconomic Challenges, 3(4), 52-62. http://doi.org/10.21272/sec.3(4).52-62.2019.
- About the Strategy of Sustainable Development ‘Ukraine 2020’: The Decree of the President of Ukraine 12.01.2015. Online. Available HTTP: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015.
- Social Integration: Approaches and Issues (March 1994). UNRISD Briefing Paper No. 1 World Summit for Social Development, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development. P. 5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/0961452951000157004.
- George Elton Mayo (1946). The Human Problems of an Industrial Civilization Hardcover. Macmillan; 2nd edition. 194 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/000271623417200135
- Robert Owen (1817). A new view of society: or, essays on the formation of the human character, preparatory to the development of a plan for gradually ameliorating the condition of mankind. London: Printed for Longman. 3d edition. 184 p. https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011257473
- McGregor, D. (1960). The human side of enterprise. New York, NY, US: McGraw-Hill. 256 p. https://www.worldcat.org/title/human-side-of-enterprise/oclc/173969
- Abraham H. Maslow (1954). Motivation and Personality. New York: Harper, pp. 120-132. https://www.eyco.org/nuovo/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Motivation-and-Personality-A.H.Maslow.pdf
- Alderfer Clayton P. (May, 1969). An Empirical Test of a New Theory of Human Needs. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 4(2), 142–175. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(69)90004-X
- Herzberg, Frederick (1966). Work and the Nature of Man. Cleveland: World Publishing, 203 p. https://www.worldcat.org/title/work-and-the-nature-of-man/oclc/243610
- Pigou, Arthur Cecil (1920). The Economics of Welfare. London: Macmillan and Co. Pub. Date 1932. Part 1-2. http://files.libertyfund.org/files/1410/Pigou_0316.pdf
- Daniel Bell (1973). The Coming of Post-Industrial Society: A Venture in Social Forecasting. New York: Basic Books. 508 р. https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Post-Industrial-Society-Venture-Forecasting/dp/0465097138
- R. F. Kahn (Jun., 1931). The Relation of Home Investment to Unemployment. The Economic Journal, 41(162), 173–198. https://www.scirp.org/(S(i43dyn45teexjx455qlt3d2q))/reference/ReferencesPapers.aspx?ReferenceID=1429184
- J. Viner (1925). The Utility Concept in Value Theory and its Critics. Journal of Political Economy, 33(4), 369-387; 6, 638–659. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/253725
- Russell Lincoln Ackoff, Frederick Edmund Emery (1972). On purposeful systems. Chicago: Aldine-Atherton, 288 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00140137308924562.
- Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion / European Commission, Brussels: Online. Available HTTP: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=750&furtherPubs=yes&langId=en. DOI: 10.2767/062945
- United Nations (2017). General Assembly Resolution 51/59 on Action against Corruption Online. Available HTTP: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/international-legal-materials/article/united-nations-general-assembly-resolution-5159-on-action-against-corruption/540789329B92E4EC92225E3A2A18F110 (Published online: 27 February 2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0020782900015205.
- Millennium Development Goals Report. Online. Available HTTP: https://www.un-ilibrary.org/economic-and-social-development/millennium-development-goals-report_98544aa9-en. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18356/98544aa9-en
- European Union|Ukraine. Online. Available HTTP: https://euroquiz.org.ua/data/blog_dwnl/UKR-EU_2018_30082018_FINAL_web.pdf. DOI: 10.2871/95746.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Ukraine / United Nations Ukraine. Online. Available HTTP: http://sdg.org.ua/en/sdgs-and-civil-society.
- UNDP, ILO help national counterparts in implementing the UN Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities / United Nations in Ukraine. Online. Available HTTP: http://www.un.org.ua/en/news/2010-03-18/?mosmsg.
- ‘Ukraine – Governance Assessment’ (March 2006), p. 75. Online. Available HTTP: http://www.sigmaweb.org/dataoecd/46/63/37127312.pdf (accessed 15 December 2007).
- Employment and social affairs/European Union. Online. Available HTTP: https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/e0338cf4-d832-11e9-9c4e-01aa75ed71a1. DOI: 10.2775/14401.
- EU Programmer for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) / European Union. Online. Available http: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1081&langId=en.
- Rowley C. K. (2004). The Encyclopedia of Public Choice. USA: Kluwer Academic Publisher, 1004 p. DOI: 10.1007/s11127-006-3475-2.
- Labour standards. International Labour Organization. Online. Available HTTP: http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/idcplg?IdcService=COLLECTION_DISPLAY&hasCollectionID=true&dCollectionID=2.
- Martius Georg, Herrmann Michael, Der Ralf (2007). Self-organisation for Autonomous Robot Development Advances in Artificial Life 9th European Conference ‘MPI für Dynamik und Selbstorganisation»/Nichtlineare Dynamik’. Online. Available at: http://edoc.mpg.de/display.epl?mode=doc&id=350217&col=43&grp=239.
- Alex C. Michalos (1980) Development of Quality of Life Theory and Its Instrument. The Selected Works of Alex C. Michalos. Chapter 2. Satisfaction and Happiness. 5-39. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-51149-8
- Population estimates. Monthly Report. Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. Online. http://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/jinsui/tsuki/index.htm
- Society. The official gateway to Sweden. Online. Available http: http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Society/
- Strategy. The World Bank. Online. Available http: http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/thematic.htm
- G. S. Becker (1965). A Theory of the Allocation of Time. Economic Journal, 75 (299), 497-517. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2228949.
- Herbert A. Simon (1997). Administrative behavior: a study of decision-making processes in administrative organization. New York: A Division of Simon & Schuster Inc. 368 р. 4th ed. https://jespersimonsen.dk/Downloads/Simon-introduction.pdf
- Documentation. United Nation Economic and Social Council. Online. http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/docs/docs.shtml.
- Easton D. A. (1965). Systems Analysis of Political Life. New York: Wiley, 507 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bs.3830130208.
- Bertalanffy L. von Bertalanffy (1950). An Outline of General System Theory. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 1, 134-165. https://doi.org/10.1093/bjps/I.2.134.
- Campbell A., Converse P., Rodgers W. (1976). The Quality of American Life. USA: N.J. 583 p. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/99153
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty Downward trend in the share of persons at risk of poverty or social exclusion in the EU Eurostat news release 158/2019. Online. Available http: DOI: https://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu.